Following the Armistice and the end of hostilities in November 1918, Base Hospital No. 5 continued to receive sick and wounded patients as they were evacuated from hospitals near the front. On February 1, 1919, the hospital stopped taking patients and was officially closed. The unit departed on the Graf Wandersee in April, landing in New York on April 20, and most of the officers were then discharged by the last days of the month.
Base Hospital No. 6 was relieved on January 14, 1919; its personnel sailed in February and March and were finally demobilized on April 9.